Unfortunately we've sold out all tickets for this event. Sign up to our newsletter for updates on upcoming workshops, promotions and events!
Who is it for?
Anyone interested in Modern Calligraphy and ready to spend a whole Saturday working at it!
You don’t need to be experienced in calligraphy or come from a design background. This workshop is great for beginners!
The ongoing hobbyist who would like a refresher in using the pointed pen or get a better grasp of how you can apply this skill to practical design aspects of your business – logo, cards and etc.
What will we cover?
How to use the pointed pen – angles, slants and posture. We’ll be spending a good amount of time on going through some warm ups and drills to get a good grasp of the pen.
The basic strokes and turns that make up all your lowercase alphabets. We’ll learn to dissect letters and eventually words to achieve that ever pleasing consistency in our writing.
The function of various pointed nibs and ink for the different projects you might embark on.
Progress into the intermediate level as we look at the uppercase alphabets and how you can work them into your writing. This is where we’ll be exploring the possible styles that fit you, eventually creating something you can call your own.
Explore various types of flourishing and how you can use them in your artwork.
Demonstrations and one-to-one assistance.
What will you take away?
Access to a post-workshop follow up (via email) with Artsynibs. This consists of 4 weekly assignments to get you started with your practice. Comprehensive feedback will be given to point out the areas of improvement to assist you in your learning.
A specially curated starter-kit with everything you need for your practice – various nibs (Nikko G, Leonardt 40, Leonardt 30 & Leonardt Principle EF), types of ink (Sumi, Walnut and Acrylic), paper, calligraphy pen and pen rest.
An Instagram-worthy artwork you’ve created by the end of the workshop with your new skill!
Terms & Conditions:
– Course fee does not include lunch.
– Confirmation of seat upon payment received.
– Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Artsynibs reserves full rights to accept or decline the registration of any participant for any reason.
– Artsynibs reserves full rights to amend or adjust the date, time, venue, content, fees, or instructor of any scheduled course, session, workshop, talk or event.
– In the event of a no-show, late turn arrival or inability to stay through the entire workshop, no refund will be granted.
– Should the workshop be cancelled or shortened, Artsynibs will perform all refunds within 5 working days.