Drawing inspiration from typography and calligraphy, this workshop is a creative middle ground for those who wish to combine the old and the new.
A curriculum created for beginners, this cosy class will enjoy 3 hours of learning to handle the brush pens like the Pentel Touch and Pentel Aquash Water Brush, strokes, swells, letter forms and design planning. By the end, you will be well equipped to carry on your brush lettering practice independently in terms of tools and knowledge.
Course fee includes refreshments, and a specially curated starter kit that includes – various brush pens, a pot of walnut ink, guide sheets and more!
Date: 18 November 2017, Saturday
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Venue: Form Lifestyle Store, 6 Bradley Street, M1 1EH
Introduction to Brush Lettering
– What is it?
– Introduction to various tools.
– Loosening your muscles with lines and ovals
Curves and Pressure
- Understanding the brush.
– Creating thick and thin lines.
– Mastering underturns and overturns.
Practise the Minuscule
– Combining various strokes to create letter forms.
Design and Layout
– Create Something Awesome.
Terms & Conditions:
– Course fee includes light refreshments (cakes, sandwiches), drinks and a carefully curated starter kit.
– Confirmation of seat upon payment received.
– Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Artsynibs reserves full rights to accept or decline the registration of any participant for any reason, without explanation.
– Artsynibs reserves full rights to amend or adjust the date, time, venue, content, fees, or instructor of any scheduled course, session, workshop, talk or event.
– In the event of a no-show, late turn arrival or inability to stay through the entire workshop, no refund will be granted.
– Should the workshop be cancelled or shortened, Artsynibs will perform all refunds within 5 working days.